This year, the College Hill Neighborhood is celebrating National Night Out in a big way and everyone’s invited! Join us on Tuesday, August 1, from 5 to 9pm on and enjoy Fun for the Whole Family!
- Play Corn-hole
- Cool off in the Splash Pool
- Make a Hula-Hoop
- Pedal the Bike-Blender
- Paint a Street Mural
- Paint an Art Crosswalk
- Ice Cream Truck
- Lemonade Stand
- Bandito Burrito (3 blocks south)
- Greensboro Transportation Department
- Greensboro Water Resources Department
- Greensboro Parks & Recreation EcoBus
- LimeBike Demos
We’ll have Mendenhall Street, between Carr Street and Rankin Place closed to motor vehicles so that everyone from 8 to 80+ can stroll, chat, dance, create, play, splash, and pedal in safety and comfort! Bring a lawn chair!
Leave the car at home . . . walk or ride your bike, instead!
In addition to all the great programming listed above, the neighborhood character of Mendenhall Street will be restored through a variety of temporary installations aimed at taming traffic, including:
- A temporary shift of the street centerline (Walker to Morehead)
- An inviting parklet (near Carr)
- Temporary curb bulb-outs
- Temporary refuge islands
- A temporary roundabout (Walker)